Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Saturday, January 31

Woke up leisurely today, explored the hotel, and planned to take the funicular down to the Old City. One step outside and I realized I was not going to survive the 10-degree weather in my cute skinny jeans, even with boots and my ski jacket! Back to the room, where we both changed into more appropriate clothes.  Didn't realize last week that I'd be wearing my ski pants this entire weekend! Boy are we totally not used to this weather!

Back outside, we did take the funicular to the lower city, walked the streets, toured a museum, then back up the funicular where we decided to tour the city by horseback...well, horse carriage. We didn't want the dogs to have all the fun carrying us around in the snow!  Had a nice little tour and found out that Quebec City was hosting its annual Winter Carnival, complete with its creepy snowman mascot, this very weekend. How lucky for us! We bought tickets and went to the carnival after a great dinner in Lower Quebec, slipping and sliding, but not falling on the icy streets. Had a great time tubing and dancing in the snow and taking in the sights. 

All in all, a great weekend in a beautiful, historic city. Check another box off my bucket list!  Au revoir!
















No comments:

Post a Comment