Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday, January 25

I'm turning 50 years old in four days, or as I'd rather say, I'm turning 50 years amazing!!! Don't buy it? I don't blame you.  Sometimes I wonder where did the time go? What have I done with my life and who is that wrinkled person in the mirror? Nothing that the heavens haven't heard before, I know.  Well, one thing I know for sure (thanks for stealing my line, Oprah) is that I like to travel and I love the unique experiences- like that time I talked a bunch of couples into the Dining in the Dark experience in Hollywood a few years back.  Picture 12 of us conga-line style, being led into a completely dark (I mean eyeball-straining, COMPLETELY dark) dining hall by our legally blind waiter. By the end of our dinners, I had totally given up any hope of successfully navigating a fork with food on it into my mouth. No, it was fingers in the food to mouth and, why does it sound like Kitty is sitting on David's lap? Oh, because Kitty is sitting on David's lap, doing God knows what, because we can't see them! I prefer to think nothing weird was going on over there while I was feeding my face with my fingers and laughing hysterically at what we were doing.  And then there was the multi-day walk through Spain with some friends, our pilgrimage to the cathedral de Santiago.  And my hike up Mt Whitney a few months after finishing chemo and radiation for breast cancer. My brother thinks Says he doesn't understand my idea of fun; my grandma says I'm her crazy granddaughter.  But I have friends that do these crazy things with me and a husband who loves to indulge me and, occasionally, accompany me, so I'm usually in good company!

So, yes, I'm turning 50 and feel like I want to celebrate with another "experience."  What to do at the end of January that won't take too big a chunk out of my husband's demanding job?  The Hotel de Glacé in Quebec City, aka, The Ice Hotel! Check and check; we leave tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment